2nein


It was my Birthday yesterday. I walked, mainly uphill, to the Fan Pools. This lake has been here for four hundred million years. That got me to thinking about the insignificance of my life and indeed life in general. Not a great thought on your birthday.
I stripped off and swam naked right out into the middle, or what I assumed was the middle. I waited. Treading water. It was so cold that my legs died. I think they were still working but I couldn't feel them at all. My head kept dropping below the surface and my chest felt really tight. It hurt. I couldn't swallow or make a noise and my thinking was slow.. It was then that I saw her, waist deep in the water. She was staring at me and holding her arms out towards me, beckoning me towards her. I swam, but I never reached the shore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quarks and Leptons